Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician
Program Description: The program provides trainees with technical knowledge and practical hands-on skills that will enable them to work as journeymen or technicians in the industry and other organizations related to electrical maintenance. The program emphasizes the development of electrician skills, along with communication and interpersonal skills, to be ready for immediate employment. The program offers three different kinds of certificates. On successful completion of first-year (two semesters), trainees get a certificate in ‘Electrical Basic Skills’. After three semesters (one-and-a-half years) a certificate in ‘Electrical Journeyman’ is given. The third certificate in ‘Technical Diploma in Electrical’ is awarded on successful completion of two years (four semesters).
Program Educational Objectives:
The graduates will be able to:
- Secure technician level job in the field of electrical technology;
- Demonstrate professional/career advancement through expanded significant technical accomplishment and experience, or other recognition of their contributions;
- To continue their formal education to achieve an advanced degree or other technical certification.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the time of completion of the program, the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the application of oral, written, and graphic communication skills to present data/information and support decision making.
- Attain underlying principals and perform basic calculations.
- Attain hands experience in safe using, operating, and maintaining relevant tools, equipment.
- Develop the ability to apply ethical decision making in the workplace.
- Demonstrate leadership, participation, and problem-solving skills in a team environment.
Students who successfully complete this program have various career options, including the following:
- Assistant electrical supervisor.
- Electrical maintenance technician.
- Sales representative.
- Residential and commercial wiring/testing technician.
- Industrial wiring /testing technician.
- Transformer inspection/testing technician.
- Assistant Instructor in educational institutions.
- Lab technicians in industry.
- Lab technician in an educational institution.
- Substation technician.