Planning is the bond that connects the EDCIs past and future by setting clear, detailed plans that enable the institution to achieve its mission. Proper planning clarifies what must be done and enables the effective measurement of performance. It also facilitates the continuous improvement process by identifying areas of improvement.
The EDCI planning process goes through the following stages:
- Studying the internal and external factors surrounding the Institution
- Setting strategic goals direct all institutional operations
- Translating these goals into detailed plans that are implemented at all levels
- Following-up on the implementation of plans and measuring performance
- Using these results for evaluation, decision-making, and mapping future plans
As an integral part of PQD, the Planning Department functions as a reliable source of key information and analytics and as a provider of support for all EDCI units with regard to planning and development.
Planning and Quality Directorate portal