At RCYCI, we strongly believe that accreditation is an external and independent validation of academic and quality practices and the extent to which the colleges and institutes division embarked for aligning eleven NCAAA Standards for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Higher Education Institutions/Programs. Variety of activities were taken out during the whole year 2016 as listed below:
- Initially, five programs and the overall institutional accreditation was selected to apply for NCAAA.
- Application and documents for eligibility were submitted to the NCAAA and the contract for both institutional and program were received form the organization.
- Variety of workshop was conducted by different departments to get acquainted with the NCAAA requirement and for the orientation of the faculty.
- The Yanbu English Language Center (YELI) and Planning and Development Directorate (PDD) organized a workshop on Learning Outcomes. Program coordinators and faculty members from different academic departments attended the workshop.
- A detailed feasibility plan was submitted to the DG RCYCI, and a steering committee was formulated to oversee the process of the accreditation.
- A technical committee under the leadership of Dr. Mohammed Alghamdi, and having representation form all colleges/institutes were also formulated for the day to day assignment and work of the project.
- NCAAA protocol suggest a timeline of approximate 18-24 months for the completion of project after the signing of contract from both the parties.