Industrial Instrumentation Maintenance Technician
Program Description: This program prepares students for employment in maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting instrumentation and control systems in different industries such as petroleum, mining, manufacturing, and power plants. A combination of theory and hands-on training offers a variety of modern process measurement and control instrumentation training with actual working processes and computer simulations. The program offers three different kinds of certificates. On successful completion of first-year (two semesters), trainees get a certificate in ‘Instrumentation Basic Skills’. After three semesters (one-and-a-half years) a certificate in ‘Instrumentation Journeyman’ is given. The third certificate ‘Technical Diploma in Instrumentation’ is awarded on successful completion of two years (four semesters).
Program Educational Objectives:
The graduates will be able to:
- Secure technician level job in the field of instrumentation and control technology;
- Demonstrate professional/career advancement through expanded significant technical accomplishment and experience, or other recognition of their contributions;
- To continue their formal education to achieve an advanced degree or other technical certification.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the time of completion of the program, the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the application of oral, written, and graphic communication skills to present data/information and support decision making.
- Attain underlying principals and perform basic calculations.
- Attain hands experience in safe using, operating, and maintaining relevant tools, equipment.
- Develop the ability to apply ethical decision making in the workplace.
- Demonstrate leadership, participation, and problem-solving skills in a team environment.
Students who successfully complete this program have various career options, including the following:
- Calibration, standards and specifications technician;
- Machine maintenance technician;
- Machine operation technician;
- Technical Warehouse Keeper;
- Equipment Operator;
- Trainer Assistant.